While we always try to be flexible and accommodate our family’s needs, we have some guidelines that we would like everyone to please follow.
Swim&Gym will hold a credit card number for all families who are making payments on their balance. If you do not wish to give a credit card number, we require payment in full when you register. Please contact us for more information regarding the payment schedule.
The office must be notified two weeks prior to the commencement of a session. Swim&Gym will issue a refund of any unused portion of the payment, less the non-refundable $50.00 registration fee. Please contact Ashley, the Camp Coordinator, if you need to cancel your camper’s session. She can be reached at 608-831-6829.
Swim&Gym does not offer make-up days or prorated fees for any reason. If you know you have a scheduled vacation, we encourage you to plan your camp around those days.
Destructive Behavior Policy
Discipline and its effectiveness vary with every child. When it is found that a camper is experiencing difficulty due to a special need or behavior, the camp will work with the child and his/her parent to retain the child in the camp. Most attention will be paid to pro-active methods to prevent any disruptive behavior problems. Campers will be given three warnings/corrections for disruptive behavior before being removed from camp. Should the safety of the staff or other campers be jeopardized, immediate termination from the camp will result.
- Camp runs daily from 8:30am until 3:30pm with before and after care available. Drop off and pick up is a Badger Gymnastics. Morning drop off-time is 8:00am – 8:30am, and afternoon pick- up time is 3:15pm – 3:30pm. Extended Care is also available beginning at 7:00am until 6:00pm at Badger Gymnastics.
- Swim&Gym Summer Camp is Daycare licensed by the state. We are required to follow all of their regulations, and a representative from the state department comes to check on us regularly.
- All Swim&Gym counselors go through an extensive training program set by the state before camp begins, and are certified in CPR and First Aid. Background checks are performed on all counselors and coaches prior to being hired to work at Swim&Gym.
- All class levels for swimming and gymnastics will be determined the first day of camp. If you know your child’s skill level you can note that on their registration information. We will continually evaluate all skills over the summer. No camper will be held at a level which is below their skills.
- We ask that campers keep all personal items and electronic items at home. They will not have an opportunity to use them during their day at camp, and we don’t want to see any special items lost or misplaced.
- Photographs will be taken of the campers throughout the summer. If you do not want your child in pictures, please note that in your registration packet or speak with your child’s camp counselor or with the camp director.
- Although camp is a great place to make new friends, we can put specific children together. Please write that special request on your registration form. Both campers must be in the same age group for us to grant requests.
- Please be sure to pack your camper’s swimsuit and a towel everyday for camp. You may also pack a cap and goggles. Make sure your child’s name is on them. SwimWest will have caps and goggles available for campers to use.
- If you need to know where your child is at a specific time, you can contact SwimWest at 608-831-6829 and we will tell you where your child is, or will be. You may also contact the camp director; on the first day of camp you will be given a contact card with the camp director’s cell phone number.
- Campers are bused between SwimWest and Badger Gymnastics by Middleton Busing Company.
- Please dress your campers in comfortable ‘play type’ clothing, as they will be very active throughout the day. Please dress campers according to the weather, we will be outside unless there is threatening weather. Sneakers must be worn as opposed to any type of sandals.
- Each child will be given a Swim&Gym T-shirt that should be worn on field trips. The registration fee includes the cost of your camper’s shirt. If you would like additional shirts, please indicate that on your registration form, with an additional $7.00.
- If any camper is discovered with head lice, we will follow the guidelines outlined by the Middleton-Cross Plains School District.
- Each camper must bring a nutritional lunch everyday, however healthy snacks will be provided in the morning and afternoon. There will not be an opportunity to purchase lunch and vending machines are not available to the campers.
- Campers will be outside as long as it is not raining heavily or lightning. If severe weather approaches, we will take the appropriate actions and relocate everyone to a safe area inside the facility. Indoor activities include card and board games, arts and crafts, and team building activities.
- If your camper gets sick during the day, we will call the parent to have him/her picked up. If a fever is noticed, the child will have to stay home for 24 hours after the fever goes away. These are state guidelines to help protect the spread of illness throughout the group.