Dear Swim & Gym Summer Camp Families,
We cannot thank you enough for your continued support as the Swim & Gym Leadership Team continues to navigate through all new Local, County, State, and Federal regulations due to the Covid-19 pandemic. We have been experiencing sometimes daily regulation changes which has helped us streamline our policies and procedures moving forward in Summer 2020.
According to the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families, state-licensed day camps can operate up to their licensed capacity and the 50 campers to 10 staff members rule no longer applies. Given this new information, Swim & Gym Summer Camp Leadership has decided to not move forward with the Waunakee location. Instead, we will be increasing our capacities at SwimWest and Badger Gymnastics Academy from a maximum of 50 campers to a maximum of 75 campers at each site. We will maintain an approximate ratio of 1 counselor to 10 campers and social distancing from other groups.
To reduce the number of campers and staff members at each site, we will be broken into 2 separate camps of 75 or less campers ages 5-13. The first six weeks Camp A & B will remain at whichever location was designated to them (BGA or SW), but at the beginning of week 7, Camp A & B will switch camp locations for the remainder of the summer.
- Ex. Weeks 1-6 Camp A is solely at Badger Gymnastics, but Weeks 7-12 Camp A is solely at SwimWest.
- Families and friend requests will be assigned together within the same camp if we know ahead of time.
The newest change is the implementation of Dane County’s reopening plan, Forward Dane. Under this new plan, Dane County should be in Phase 1 as of June 8th, and SwimWest and Badger Gymnastics Academy will be able to open at 25% capacity. This will not affect Swim & Gym Summer Camp as all other lessons that may be running during camp hours at both locations have been reduced to stay within our capacity. We have also stopped enrollment for the beginning weeks of camp to keep our capacity lower until Dane County is able to enter phase 2 (50% capacity).
Swim & Gym Summer Camp is also implementing and training team members on stringent disinfecting protocols of surfaces and equipment in addition to more frequent handwashing (before and after group activities). All tools and equipment will be sanitized in between group lessons at SwimWest. Badger Gymnastics Academy will be using a fog disinfectant throughout the day in the both gyms. We will be sending videos out to all Swim & Gym families that will show what has changed and what has remained the same at each facility.
Here’s what will remain the same:
- The same high energy and fun atmosphere!
- The same highly trained and excited counselors!
- Extended Care will be provided at both locations 7:30-8:00 am and 3:30- 5:30pm but will be billed separately through Badger Gymnastics Academy.
- A minimum of 4 swimming or gymnastics lessons will be provided depending on which location your camper is that week.
- We will use open green spaces that are within walking distance of our facilities when possible.
Here’s what will change:
- Upon arrival Swim & Gym Staff and Campers will be asked screening questions and complete a no touch temperature check before being permitted into camp.
- Drop off and Pick up may solely be done at the car. Be on the lookout for more details soon.
- During Check-in and Check-out, Swim & Gym Staff will wear personal protective equipment including gloves and a face covering. Please note:
- Depending on CDC and Government recommendations and requirements, counselors would wear a face covering anytime they are in an enclosed environment where social distancing cannot be adequately achieved.
- Counselors will not be required to wear a face covering during physical activities.
- Campers will not be required to wear a face covering.
- We may not be able to go on field trips or be bussed for the duration of the summer but there is still the possibility of state parks opening later in summer.
- We will implement procedures to frequently clean all high-touch surface areas, sanitize equipment after usage, and wash hands frequently (before and after group activities).
- We will increase the amount of arts and crafts, science/S.T.E.A.M. projects, and non touching outdoor activities.
- We will increase the amount of time that campers get to spend doing open swim and non-lesson gym activities each week.
We understand that some families may not feel comfortable or may change their minds as new information develops about sending their campers to camp this summer, so we have updated our cancellation policy. We now require only a 1 week notice to cancel without any penalty. We appreciate you letting us know as soon as possible so that we are able to reach out to families on waitlists.
The health and safety of our campers and staff is our top priority, and we will continue to closely follow all recommendations from the CDC and Government Agencies. Thank you for your continued support during such challenging and uncertain times.
Be safe and well,
Swim & Gym Summer Camp