Dear Swim & Gym Camp Families,
We cannot thank you enough for your continued support as the Swim & Gym Leadership Team continues to navigate through all-new Local, County, State, and Federal regulations due to the Covid-19 pandemic. We have been experiencing sometimes daily regulation changes which have helped us streamline our policies and procedures moving forward in 2021.
According to the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families, state-licensed day camps can operate up to their licensed capacity. We will be keeping our capacities at SwimWest to a maximum of 32 campers for our winter program. We will maintain an approximate ratio of 1 counselor to 10 campers and social distancing from other groups.
- Families and friend requests will be assigned together within the same camp if we know ahead of time.
The newest change is the implementation of Dane County’s reopening plan. This will not affect Swim & Gym Summer Camp as all other lessons that may be running during camp hours have been reduced to stay within our capacity.
Swim & Gym Camp is also implementing and continually training team members on stringent disinfecting protocols of surfaces and equipment in addition to more frequent handwashing (before and after group activities). All tools and equipment will be sanitized in between-group lessons at SwimWest. We have created a video for our Swim & Gym families that shows what has changed and what has remained the same at SwimWest. The video is on our home page.
Here’s what will remain the same:
- The same high energy and fun atmosphere!
- The same highly trained and excited counselors!
- Extended Care will be provided 7:30-8:00 am and 3:30- 5:30 pm
- We will use open parks and walking trails that are within walking distance of SwimWest when weather permits.
Here’s what will change:
- Upon arrival Swim & Gym Staff and Campers will be asked screening questions and complete a no-touch temperature check before being permitted into camp.
- Drop off and Pick up may solely be done at the car.
- During Check-in and Check-out, Swim & Gym Staff will wear personal protective equipment including gloves and a face covering. Please note:
- Depending on CDC and Government recommendations and requirements, counselors would wear a face-covering anytime they are in an enclosed environment where social distancing cannot be adequately achieved.
- Counselors will not be required to wear a face-covering during physical activities outside
- Campers will not be required to wear a face-covering when they are playing outside. They will be required to wear a mask while in the building.
- We are hoping Summer Camp 2021 will able to go on field trips and are scheduling them
- We will implement procedures to frequently clean all high-touch surface areas, sanitize equipment after usage, and wash hands frequently (before and after group activities).
- We will increase the number of arts and crafts, science/S.T.E.A.M. projects, and non-touching outdoor activities.
- We will increase the amount of time that campers get to spend doing the open swim each week.
We understand that some families may not feel comfortable or may change their minds as new information develops about sending their campers to camp this winter or summer, so we have updated our cancellation policy. We now require only a 1-week notice to cancel without any penalty. We appreciate you letting us know as soon as possible so that we are able to reach out to families on waitlists.
The health and safety of our campers and staff is our top priority, and we will continue to closely follow all recommendations from the CDC and Government Agencies. Thank you for your continued support during such challenging and uncertain times.
Be safe and well,
Swim & Gym Camp